|Local Moving Services|
An estimate is provided in order for you to assess your budget equirements, and for us to schedule and assign the correct number of crew and vehicle(s). We assess the time-allocated to complete your move in the most timely and efficient manner. We provide a realistic estimate; it is not a firm quote. The estimate can sometimes be a little on the high side - and the final charges may invariably be lower. Our experienced movers work with great efficiency, so the final bill often end up being less.
We do not charge according to the estimate, we 'charge by the hour'. The simple reason for this is threefold: we guarantee efficient personnel; our crew pride themselves on coming in under the estimate; and we only charge for the actual time incurred.
Final charges are the actual time incurred
- the time required to complete your move.
The time-charges are calculated in 15-minute
increments, with a two hour minimum.
There is a four hour charge for weekends, and the last 7 days of the month.
When it comes to moving, it is an aqueous (flowing) task. There are variables, factors and situations beyond our control that can affect the cost of a move.
Factors and situations that can affect the cost of a local move:
The above list includes and is not limited to, some of the situations beyond our control. Multi-family dwellings (condo’s) are inherently predisposed to cause more delays than private residences. These situations are subject to time-charges for the time incurred. It is the owner’s responsibility to plan ahead and make all the necessary preparations and arrangements. We will ensure that your move is handled smoothly, is timely and cost-efficient - in as much as we can.
- All “smalls” need to be packed / boxed and ready to go (to avoid delays)
- Additional household belongings (hidden) or not apparent at time of estimate.
- Elevators need to be reserved (check with your building manager).
- Elevators in Senior’s buildings not accessible during meal-times.
- Elevators that are slow or not in service will increase moving/ time-charges.
- Additional stairs, not disclosed at the time of the estimate.
- Other movers or vehicles may impede access due to peak-moving dates.
- Delays caused by your late-arrival at the receiving address.
- Delays in possession-time due to previous occupant not vacated.
- Delays in obtaining keys from Lawyer/ or Landlord.
- Access constraints at your new residence (not always evident when estimating).
- Additional services requested; re set-up and positioning of household effects.
- Over-hanging trees with low branches; restricted access to driveways.
- Distance between the moving van and residence, may require longer walk-time.
- Traffic, road conditions or weather conditions etc.
When we provide an estimate, we do our best to take all factors into consideration. For this reason our estimates are often accurate.